Syntech is a leading supplier of fuel and fleet management accounting systems. Our success comes from a profound commitment to our customers, distributors, employees, and community.
We offer excellent benefits for the employee – FREE health insurance (BCBS), free dental, free short and long-term disability, and free life insurance up to $150,000. Additionally, Syntech contributes 4% of the employee’s salary to 401k and matches an additional 2% of the employee’s contribution.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Sales Consultant (TSC). This sales professional is essentially a subject matter expert on Syntech products with a specific focus on selling upgrades to existing customers.
- Represent Syntech with the highest level of integrity at all times.
- Work with regional sales management, project management, distributors and other sales resources to push upgrade sales to existing customers consisting of equipment, firmware, software and services.
- Give product presentations on the benefits and features of all Syntech/FuelMaster products and services.
- Identify and prioritize opportunity targets; prepare effective action plans.
- Create a consulting type relationship for existing customers becoming their trusted advisor on how to get the most value out of their fuel and fleet management platform.
- Attend trade shows, monitor competitor activity in the region, build strategic relationships with adjacent suppliers, and strengthen current customer relationships.
- Act as customer liaison with our operations group, marketing and sales service group, technical services and customer service center to ensure upgrade projects are successful and customer satisfaction is accomplished.
- Continually build the pipeline of opportunities and nurture those opportunities enthusiastically with other sales staff, distributors and headquarter support.
- Report activity, leads, prospects, and relevant account data regularly.
- Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must reside in Indiana; East and West Central territory includes IN, KY, MI, OH, PA, WV, IL, IA, MO, WI.
- BS in Business Administration, Marketing or other related field, preferred; relevant years’ experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Proven success with outside sales experience.
- This position requires significant travel; CAR PROVIDED; Good driving record with no restrictions or major violations.
- Ability to quickly gain a strong understanding of Syntech’s fuel management equipment, hardware, and software.
- Solid history of positive customer interaction and customer support.
- Adept at assessing client needs and cultivating lasting relationships that build brand and customer loyalty.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong presentation, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and a tactical listener.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical to this position.
- Sound decision making and organizational skills.
Syntech job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
Syntech is a drug and alcohol-free work environment and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)