Skills: Embedded Linux-based software development using Java, C, and/or C++.
As an Embedded Software Engineer at Syn-Tech, you will be part of a team that designs and builds our Linux-based fuel control and accounting equipment as well as other fuel and asset management related products. Syn-Tech develops these systems for the government and commercial industry. In this capacity you will:
• Design embedded software applications or extensions to products used in Syn-Tech’s fuel management systems.
• Develop embedded system software utilizing Java, C, and/or C++.
• Work with Java-based frameworks such as OSGi to accelerate development efforts.
• Customize embedded Linux systems around technologies such as Yocto.
• Develop or enhance Linux device drivers to interface with the system hardware.
• Provide technical guidance and mentor less senior embedded systems engineers on complex problems and difficult designs.
• May supervise or coordinate the work of technicians and/or product support personnel.
• Devise new approaches to resolve technical problems encountered.
• Troubleshoot and assist customers in solving system problems in the field as required.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related field;
• 10+ years experience developing for embedded systems;
• 2+ years Java programming experience. C/C++ programming experience is a plus;
• Experience developing applications for Linux;
• Experience with technologies such as OSGi and Yocto is a plus;
• Ability to provide effective documentation to accompany development efforts. This includes design documents, code comments, and project specifications;
• Good verbal and written communications skills essential;
• Experience using source code control tools, such as CVS, are a plus;
• Experience writing Linux device drivers is a plus;
• Experience with hardware troubleshooting is a plus;
• Experience using Eclipse is a plus.
Employee is frequently required to talk, hear, read at close or distant vision, establish peripheral vision, and maintain depth perception.
TALLAHASSEE, United States